Sunday, April 8

A Wedding and One More Day

I spent the weekend in snowy northern Michigan for my cousin Justin's wedding. It was beautiful and a wonderful way to spend Easter weekend. Justin has had a rough life, making some bad choices, but in the last few years has come to know the Lord in a very personal way. And, I truly believe that God has rewarded him with a wife like Krista. She is a beautiful, godly young woman, that loves Justin. It was such a blessing to watch them exchange their wedding vows and reminded me of my own. I have a renewed passion to see my marriage glorify Christ, which gets me to my second point...

Matthew comes home tomorrow! I can't believe he's been gone for a week and a half already. For those of you that have husbands that travel often, you probably are rolling your eyes at my next statement, but I'll say it anyways. I miss him a lot! We've only been apart for a week in our short three years of marriage. This has definitely been a huge test for me. And I think I succeeded. God used this time to refine some things in me that needed refining, and showed me that my confidence doesn't lie in my marriage to Matthew, but my salvation in Christ. And that will never leave me! Thank you Lord for your sacrifice on the cross for me...and thank you that many years ago, today, you rose from the grace to claim victory over death forever!

Until next time...

No comments: