Friday, December 21

FOUND

It looks like we found a home for our cat.  It's bittersweet, really.  Monday night was our school's Christmas concert.  As we were leaving, a parent of one of Matt's students stopped us and said she was interested in our cat.  She lives in Indiana and already has 3 cats and a dog.  She said when she saw his picture, she thought he was "beautiful."  We were proud parents at that moment!  She was hoping to take the cat with her that evening - but we weren't ready to cut ties so quickly.  So, she's coming back on New Year's weekend to pick up Bwana (its much easier if I refer to him as "the cat").  Now that its final, I'm having second thoughts.  It seems like in the past week, he's been the sweetest cat ever.  (Which was totally not the case before.)  He has let me hold him, pet him, even play with him.  Then again, maybe its all my imagination.  Either way, he'll be leaving us in just one short week.  We're sorry to see him go - especially Matt - but know that soon after he leaves we'll have an even BETTER gift in our baby girl.  I'm certain the distraction of parenthood will help us get through this.

1 comment:

Meliss said...

I remember when Bwana was just a kitten and I was dog/kitten/house-sitting for you guys...and she somehow jumped on something and knocked the mirror off the wall and scared the crap out of me! Or when I would come around a corner and she would be ready to pounce on my foot...and again, scare the crap out of me...