Tuesday, March 4

Update: First Day Back to Work

The work day is finally coming to a close for me  at 8pm.  My first day back was...interesting.  Oh how the tables have turned.  It used to be a day in the office was filled with accomplishments and coming home was full of distractions.  I must say that today was quite the opposite.  My babysitter happens to be in the Florida this week, so my normal Tuesday morning in the office was filled with baby's cries, wet diapers, and much more!  Anne had to come to work with me today.  It was crazy - I felt like I got nothing done.  BUT...we came home around 2pm and I got more accomplished in the next two hours than I did all morning at the office.  She slept soundly in her crib while I hurriedly typed emails, designed brochures and created "to do" lists, never knowing when her whimper would turn into a full fledged screech.  She slept the entire time - THANK YOU LORD!  So, overall, how did my day go?  Very well!  Thank you for your advice and for praying!  I made detailed lists for the day and it seemed to help immensely.  Now, we'll see how tomorrow and Thursday go...

4 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

I'm glad to hear it went well. I thought of you and prayed for you today. Props to you. When you asked for advice, I had nothing to add because I honestly don't know how you working moms do it.

amber said...

Hey! I'm praying for you! You're amazing. I can only imagine the challenges that go along with a new baby and work!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

awesome !!
its amazing how well they sleep and settle in their own home and bed :) so glad things went well, will be praying for you.

Lee and Candace said...

Hey, I've totally been praying for you and thinking of you! I'm sure you are doing a great job juggling everything! Let me know if you ever need to talk, I'm hear to listen!