Tuesday, January 18

Three years ago


Three years ago today...at this very moment in fact, I was at the hospital hoping to see my sweet baby girl.  I was probably even blogging.  Contractions were heavy and I wasn't able to get an epidural because thirteen mothers were giving birth and the anesthesiologist was tied up, to say the least.  A few more contractions and we would realize that my placenta had ruptured.

I'll never forget the disappointment in my doctor's eyes when she told me that I needed a c-section.  She was my biggest cheerleader and it felt like we had just lost the game.


In a moments time, I was whisked away into surgery and within seconds our little peanut was born.


At 9:18 on January 18, 2008 (lots of 8's in there!) a miracle happened.  Annelise Louise Neal, all of six pounds, thirteen ounces and 18 inches, entered our world.  She was beautiful from the moment I saw her. 


Happiest of Birthdays Annelise.  We love you.


1 comment:

Angie, Jon, Ty, Wyatt & Levi said...

happy birthday Annelise!!!!!
We miss you!