Sunday, December 20

Christmas Bells, Christmas Bells

I love the Sunday before Christmas.  I love all the Christmas decor, the carols and praising the baby who became a man and sacrificed His life for me.  

But, I also love the beginning of the service, when all of the little children stand on stage and sing Christmas carols.  We have been looking forward to this day for a few weeks, helping Annelise learn her "Christmas Bells" song and even bought a new dress for the occasion.  

And she got stage fright. 

She remembered nothing of her song.

She stared straight ahead.


The entire time, she did not move an inch.

Then, when it was time to get off the stage, she screamed "NO! I sing, I sing!" and threw a fit deserving of a spanking.  No, I didn't photograph that part.  I was too busy cooling my red face and laughing nervously.

After church I was met with "oh, her kid was the one throwing the fit" and "thanks for giving us a good laugh."

Here's to gearing up for next year.  I think we might be sick that day.

4 comments:

Liz K said...

oh dear! Don't you love how kids do that to you? Haha, I am sure no one minded a bit...everyone understands!

Angie, Jon, Ty, Wyatt & Levi said...

She is so stinkin' cute! That dress looks like something you and I would've worn when we were little!

The Talberts said...

Oh man .. I can't even imagine how my little ones would react to being put up on stage in front of the whole church. I'm sure they would do something similar. She looks adorable, though. I love her dress.

Pam said...

Despite the fit...I'm sure you had the cutest little girl there! That dress is so adorable. I love it! Makes me want this next one to be a girl.