Friday, December 11

So Much to Blog

The girls are growing so fast and I feel like I just can't keep up with documenting all of their milestones.  I'm not a baby book kind of gal, so this blog is our only compilation of photos and memories.  Boy, I hope blogger doesn't expire (read: become nonexistent) before they're old enough to appreciate all of these posts.


Elli Grace - 10 weeks old


Annelise Louise - 10 weeks old

I think they look like sisters.  But Elli Grace definitely looks more like my side of the family.  She is a pretty content baby.  Eats like a champ and sleeps like a champion!  Last night she slept 12 hours.  Its a beautiful thing.

Annelise is at a very entertaining stage.  Everyday she learns something new and I'm always surprised at her progress.  She has so much energy and adds such a joy to our home.  I can't wait to celebrate Christmas with her this year.  She's going to LOVE opening presents.


Saying "CHEEEEEESE!" - 23 months

Speaking of Christmas...We're headed to Kentucky for Christmas again this year.  I'm so excited for the festivities to begin...after the dreaded six hour drive, that is.  Marrying someone whose family lived six hours away sounded like such an adventure, before we had kids.  I am now very jealous of my friends whose families live in the area and they have a mere five miles and fifteen minutes to go between homes.  Here's to hoping for an UNcranky drive, clear roads and sleepy girls.  We can't wait to see all of our loved ones for the holidays.

And I'm probably going to shock all of you (because you know I don't aspire to be a good cook) but I've made some pretty darn good meals lately and thought I'd share.  The pictures don't do them justice, but trust me, they were tasty.


Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken - easy and oh so good!

Hanky-Pankies - Kentucky Style

Brown a pound of ground sausage.  I used regular this time, for Annelise, but spicy is great too!  Drain grease and mix in 8 ounces of cream cheese.  Serve open faced on toasted rye bread.  Not healthy, but very tasty.  You can also serve these as an appetizer on mini rye bread slices.  I took them to a Christmas party last year and they were a huge hit!

And last, but certainly not least, we had family portraits taken a few weeks ago by More Than Words Photography By Tammi.  She was more than patient with our almost two year old and miraculously got some great shots.  Enjoy!

 





Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

Liz K said...

yep, Elli look like a Barlett...can't believe she is 10 weeks already! Wow! Oh, I hope you have a good trip...if you can find glow sticks, they are a GREAT dark (early morning or night time ) car toy. We have used them twice now, and both boys love them! Elli is probably too little, but she might enjoy watching Annelise with one.

Pam said...

The girls are getting so big so fast. They really are beautiful girls.
The professionaly pics are beautiful! They did a great job.
I think Evan favorite car ride thing is to color. I get a cheap set of washable crayons, a big think coloring book and he's good for a while...that, and lift the flap books. I get dollar store ones because after a while he does rip them.

The Talberts said...

Oh .. they're both so cute.

I love the family picture of you guys!

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm dreading the drive to Michigan from Kentucky - more like 8 hours for us, longer with kids. Yes, family that lives close by would be nice! :)

Heather said...

I love the pictures!! So Cute! Hope to see you when you are in town!!

Sarah Glupker said...

Two girls...what a nice overabundance of estrogen in one household!! THey're so precious though, Rachael. Thanks for sharing the pics! Fun to see how your fam is growing. Merry Christmas!

Kara said...

I can't believe she's sleeping 12 hours! That is wonderful.
And I love the family pic!