Monday, March 7

Product Review: Mr. Clean Reusable Wiping Cloth

Its no secret.  I love to clean.  Which usually goes hand in hand with a love of cleaning products.  My favorite area of the house to clean is the kitchen.  When I cook, I start with a clean kitchen.  I can't sleep if the dishes aren't done.  And I hate, allow me to repeat for emphasis, hate dirty counters. 

So, its taken me a while to find a cleaning tool that really allows me to get my counter clean, without it being bulky, smelly and hard to dry.  I've tried the tradition washcloth, sponges...even a few specialty rags like these.  And while I liked the latter, I couldn't justify spending that much money every couple of months without a coupon.  Still vaguely on the prowl for a good cloth, I had almost given up hope.  That is, until I stumbled upon this...


(Angels singing, trumphets playing...you know, that heavenly music of wonder.)

I debated...but come on, a dollar for two?  That's pocket change and I was willing to spend the dough to see if we could form a marriage out of this deal.

And that we did.  I'm in love.  All the sufficiency of a sponge, without the bulk and occasional dripping.  All the beauty and hand friendliness of these, without the hefty price and fading.

Ladies (and a few gentlemen who made read this), you will fall in love.  Oh, and I paired this new cleaning wonder with my ever faithful spray...


And voila...its cleaning bliss.  So, fork out the dollar at your local Big Lots (that's where I found mine) and tell me what you think.  I dare say you will never go back to your slimy sponge or your stinky dish cloth again.

Oh...and they're biodegradable.  There, you have no excuse.

4 comments:

Jill Henry said...

Are you getting paid to advertise for Mr. Clean??? ; )

I will have to give these wonderful miracle wipes a try sometime!

Rachael Neal said...

Not yet... ha ha!

Actually, I just really like these and wanted to share. :)

Krista Koets said...

Rachael, I have used Clorox Handi Wipes for years and they are amazing. I recently got them on sale at target for $0.84 for a six pack. They last weeks, dry fast and never smell. When they get too stained or just tear, I toss them. They are also great to use on disgusting jobs (like clenaing the toilet after boys) because I can throw them away with zero guilt!! I'm also a fan of the same bleach clenaer you use :-)
~Krista

Anonymous said...

Loved your post. I had to laugh as it seems that Scotland has embraced this type of cloth, it's the only kind that I can get here. Not the exact Mr. Clean one but a similar type. When I first got here I was so puzzled as to why I couldn't find any dish cloths or sponges (actually had my mom bring me some from the US when she came to visit-I love the pop up sponges from Trader Joes). But now I use one very similar to the one you posted about...because it's all I can get. I guess the Scots did your test and made the decision for the whole country:).
Have you ever heard of Norwex products? You should try them out and become a cleaning rep. They are such GREAT cleaning tools!!!
Happy Cleaning!
Katie