Wednesday, November 11

Research

Thank you all for your suggestions on what the cause of Elliora's rash could be.  We woke up this morning with hopes that it would be better, but it is indeed worse.  The rash has changed from small, red bumps to large, red, dry patches of skin.  It almost looks like her skin has been burned from the inside out.

I've been doing some research on my own and have found so much evidence that suggests this is a reaction to the amoxicillin I was taking.  But, one can never be sure.

To add to the stress, I called the doctor today to schedule another appointment, since the rash isn't getting better, and found out that the nurse practitioner we always see is no longer there.  When did that happen?!  We just saw her a week ago and she didn't mention it.  Maybe she didn't know?  Maybe she wasn't allowed to say?  Either way, I'm distraught.  I have never taken my girls to their actual doctor, because we liked Jenn so much.  Poo!  Now I feel like I'm starting all over.

Sigh.  So, here I am, wishing for those "healthy" days I took for granted during Annelise' first months.  I never realized how hard it is to have a sickly kiddo with no idea what's going on.

2 comments:

Lee and Candace said...

We'll be praying Rachael. I'll pray you will be able to get in to the Dr. and will have peace about everything!

Stephanie Clark said...

Rah, the Lord knows what is going on and is in control! He loves you and your wonderful children and husband!