Saturday, March 6

Home Sweet Home

I took my annual business trip to California this week. Each year our marketing company hosts a one week conference in Southern California. Its really tough to go this time of year. NOT! San Diego was beautiful and as always, I was able to enjoy a week away, even if the pampering was somewhat part of the sales pitch.

Matt and the girls did more than survive with Nanny Neal here. They were also spoiled by fresh bread, roast and potatoes, lots of kisses and hugs and more. I'm having to retrain Annelise that candy is not for breakfast and mommy is not nearly as lenient as Nanny on most things. But, what else are grandmas for if not spoiling?

Being gone for a whole week is always a challenge. Besides the jet lag, I always feel a little out of place when I return from anywhere. Nevertheless, its been a solid 24 hours and we are back into our crazy routine.

I wish I could post pictures, but they are all on my phone. So, google San Diego and you'll get a pretty good idea of what I enjoyed this week. Cheers to being home with my loves.

No comments: