Tuesday, April 20

Time for an Update

We're on day 5 of recovery and things are looking up.  I have switched from Vicadin to Motrin and boy does it make all the difference in the world.  Vicadin was a beautiful thing, though it made me feel like I was pretty doped up.  The Motrin seems to be controlling the pain without making me a blob on the couch.  I've actually been able to get up and do a load of laundry this morning.  Carefully...bending over still is kind of owie.

Annelise is becoming such a big girl these days.  I can't believe how much she understands.  It seems everyday Matt and I snicker at something she's said or done.  Today she greeted me randomly by saying, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here."  Wow.  I didn't know I had left?  I love her.

Elli is course passing milestone after milestone and I haven't covered them.  Sigh.  She's rolling from stomach to back, talking very loudly, eating baby food 3 meals a day, loves her toes and laughs a lot.  I can't complain about number two.  She's as feisty as number one, but we love her as much.

Matt went to Mexico and back for his Mission Trip.  The week without him was a little crazy with two trips to urgent care for sick kids.  But we made it through and on to the next big thing. 

So, now we recover from that big thing and look forward to 8 more weeks of school before summer break.  Sweet summer break.

No comments: