Monday, April 25

And We're Off.

I don't know what we're off to, but it feels like something good.  Spring, maybe?  One can hope.

My sweet baby girl had tubes put in her ears today.  She was such a trooper.  Any mom's out there remember that "I don't care" medicine they give your child before the surgery?  I'm wondering how I get my hands on that.  That's some good stuff right there.


And then she came out of surgery.  I didn't see her...but I could hear her.  Oh boy.  It took her quite some time to wake up and recover.  Actually, like a few hours. 

But she woke up this afternoon looking and feeling like a million bucks.  That's success in my book.

So, we're all healthy (finally) and itching for spring to make a more permanent appearance.  Tulip Time is around the corner and we can't wait to enjoy two weeks of Dutch nostalgia.  Hey. we aren't Dutch...but who cares.

Did I mention we're going to get to see some pretty cool people during Tulip Time?  Yuppers.  Can't wait for our Kentucky friends to make a visit.

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

I'm so glad it went well! I feel like Oliver getting tubes in was such a turning point for our family. It has been worth it, without a doubt. I wish I had done it earlier so that our first year wasn't .. you know .. painful. But anyway. I'm happy that your family is on the road. :)

Angie, Jon, Ty, Wyatt & Levi said...

Tubes are heaven sent when you see you little ones with ear infections. Levi also had a rough time waking up....they said he woke up way too fast. Surprise. You will notice a world of difference in her. Let me know when that baby of Leah's gets here!