Wednesday, January 2

Preggo Update

I'm officially 37 weeks - considered full-term - and have begun to see my doctor each week. Last week's visit was less than exciting. No dilation, no effacement, just same old, same old. So, I went into my exam today, expecting to be disappointed again. It's never a comfortable thing to be examined by an OB/GYN, but all of you women out there that have given birth can testify that at this stage of pregnancy, you'll willingly - and even excitedly - bare all to find out how soon this baby is planning to arrive. I'm happy to say that my examination today revealed that I am almost 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced! While I know I could stay at this place for a while, its exciting to know that my body is beginning to prepare for the birth of this child. I came home tonight and decided to pack my bag for the hospital, just in case. Matt seemed excited - but anxious at the news. I think its starting to hit him that fatherhood is very close at hand. We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

I can't wait for you to experience the whole thing. It's the most fascinating experience in the world. I'll be praying for you. I loved finding out that something was happening too, even if it didn't mean that birth was imminent.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

will be praying and looking forward to hearing the great news !!

Pam said...

We will be praying that things continue to go as well as they have the first 37 weeks. Isn't a great comfort to know God is in control of that little one. I can hardly wait to see your little one!

Lee and Candace said...

I know, as awful as though exams are, I really didn't mind them either. Awesome news Rachael!!! You guys are going to be such great parents and the Lord is going to help you through every part of it!!!

running shoes said...

Whoo Hoo! I remember this feeling and it was glorious. That's when my midwife told me that gravity works and to start walking everywhere I could. I did, but Travis was only 4 days early- but still 4 days earlier I got to meet my kid!