Friday, September 11

Drum Roll Please

Yes, I had my 36 week appointment today and I am officially 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

While I realize this doesn't necessarily mean anything...

It means a lot for me.

One week before Annelise was due, I was only 1 cm dilated, 70% effaced and showing no signs of going anywhere, anytime soon.

Even after being induced and in labor for 12 hours, I only ever dilated to a 4.

So, the fact that 4 weeks before I'm due, my body is beginning to work on its own is very encouraging. Especially considering our decision to try for a VBAC this time around.

Tonight, I get to enjoy a serious chick flick with my hubby (sans daughter)! We're going to see "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I'm so excited to enjoy a few hours of time with Matthew.

Here's to the first weekend since school started, gestational dilation and salty popcorn at the movie theater!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah!!!! I sure hope that baby comes early for you. sounds like she wants out! I'm sure everything will go great and hopefully quick!!

Kimberly said...

Hope you have a great time!!!

Liz K said...

Wonderful! I have been praying you will go on your own! I still don't know what that feels like! Enjoy Matt time tonight!

The Talberts said...

How wonderful!
Also ... Ben and I went to see that movie and I love love loved it! I can't wait to find out what you thought.

Rachael Neal said...

i LOVED the movie! i was worried at first, because Matt is sooooo not a chick flick person. but after a slow start, we were both drawn in. he actually said it was "good." success! amazing how wonderful it feels to sit in a theater for 2 hours without a toddler. beautiful!

Kentucky Kate said...

Wonderful! I was 1 cm and 50% about two weeks before Lillie was born. I'm predicting a 38 weeker :)

Kelly Glupker said...

How exciting, Rachel. I know you're not asking for advice -BUT here's some anyway. :) I would avoid an induction at all costs if you want a VBAC. It makes everything go so much smoother when you let your body do it's thing in it's own timing.

Lee and Candace said...

Hurray! It's always nice to know your body is getting ready!:) She'll be here before you know it!

Kara said...

Great news all around!

I loved Rachel McAdams in THe Notebook, so I want to see that movie, too!!!

Pam said...

Ok, I commented before, but it's not on here.....
But, YAY on Baby making her own way out! I'll be praying for you :)

Rachael Neal said...

kelly - i'm definitely taking advice! and i certainly agree with you. after my first experience, i really want everything to happen when my body is ready this time. so we'll see!