Friday, August 28

My Little Peanut

Annelise had her 18 month check up today - even though she's 19 months.  Oops, pregnant-brained mommy forgot to get her in to the doctor sooner.  

She weighed 22 pounds (10th percentile) and measured 31.5 inches long (25th percentile).  What a peanut!  The doctor says she is extremely healthy and highly advanced in her recognition, language and fine motor skills.  

Phew!

And, thank you ALL for your advice and direction on my birthing dilemma.  We have thought and prayed about it a lot.  Considering the fact that my first c-section was mainly due to being induced (I don't think my body was ready to have the baby) and the fact that my placenta ruptured (fluke) I'm going to chance the VBAC.  My doctor says its completely safe for me to try to go naturally and I intend to do just that.  I'm not in a hurry to get this baby out.

Now, I'll let you know if I change my mind in a few weeks. 

7 comments:

The Kampers said...

glad you made a desision! And yes, I know how that whole "I don't want to be pregnant!" Thing can play into the decision...when my midwife told me she wanted to induce Elliot, I was like "yes! NO!" I wanted to get the show on the road, but wanted to go natural, something I still haven't done, don't know what contractions at home would be like!

Tate said...

I am glad you have made a decision. i would have commented on the last post but everyone else said the same thing I would have said. It sounds like you have talked to your doc about this however I just wanted to make sure you ask if they will still want to induce you if you want to VBAC. Most of our docs induce a VBAC so that it is a controlled situation, and baby isn't too big/uterus stretched to capacity (whatever that may be) to avoid uterine rupture at the old incision. They also (and I personally think its smart)use internal monitors when you induce a VBAC so that they know exactly how intense your contractions are. Because there is a difference in opinions about "going natural" I want to make sure you are talking about the same thing. Your Doc may have meant you can do it without an epidural but you still will have to be induced with pitocin which is still without pain meds but its not "natural labor" and hooked up to internal monitors which is a very unnatural form of natural labor however doable. Also just to make things even more complicated, make sure that all the docs in your practice feel the same way. We have pt's who come in saying "Dr so and so said I could do such and such" and the Dr who is on call couldn't give a rip unfortunately.

Kimberly said...

You gotta do what's best for your family, sister! I'm praying that God will bless you in whatever decision you ultimately go with!

The Neals said...

ps - by saying that i want to go naturally, means that i'd like for my body to go into labor naturally. i fully intend to utilize pain medication if necessary. if i go over a week late, my doctor will induce me, but i pray that doesn't have to happen!

The Neals said...

ps - by saying that i want to go naturally, means that i'd like for my body to go into labor naturally. i fully intend to utilize pain medication if necessary. if i go over a week late, my doctor will induce me, but i pray that doesn't have to happen!

Pam said...

Rach, they said Evan was going to be a HUGE baby when they induced me. I was 9 days past my date. He was only 8lbs 1 oz. She's probably just long legged like your sisters :)
Oh and Evan has totally outgrown Annelise! She is so petite! Evan is 27 pounds and 33 inches tall. Can you believe it? Neither James or I are tall and skinny....

Cara said...

I was induced for Graham too and they said he was going to be 8lbs and he was 6!!
I think you are doing the right thing - and everything will turn out right!
Praying for you and your little babe!!